Following are the reasons for deterioration of infrastructure:
- Infrastructure deteriorates due to under investment in public works programs;
- The lack of good management systems for infrastructure also results in decay of infrastructure;
- Failure to recognize the importance to the future economy of maintaining a sound physical infrastructure also declines the serviceability of civil infrastructure;
- Cut-backs that have slashed public-works budgets may result in collapse of old and aging infrastructure;
- Failure to replace the infrastructure as fast as it wears out;
- failure to realize that lack of physical infrastructure seriously impacts the level and types of services government can provide to their citizens;
- tendency by national, state, and local officials to defer the maintenance of public infrastructure; and
- increased costs to tax payers to repair and rebuild the obsolescent public infrastructure.
Let us know in the comments what you think about the concepts in this article!