Pre-Trip Information Delivery
- Can effect
- Time of departure
- Decision to make the trip at all
En-Route Information Delivery
- Potential effect is based on when you provide the desired information
- Change route
- Change mode (if P&R is viable alternative)
- Give up trip / change destination
- Change driving behavior (slow down)
Which one to prefer?
- Information differs depending on what you want / expect to be done with that information
- General information (congestion/accident ahead)
- Routing (use alternative routes / modes – usually needs to include specific directions
Let us know in the comments what you think about the concepts in this article!