• Register

Welcome to Aboutcivil Q&A, where you can ask questions related to Civil Engineering and receive answers from other members of the community.

2.5k questions

1.1k answers


44.3k users

0 votes
how to find the discharge of rain water by using orifice meter???
in Fluid Mechanics by  

1 Answer

0 votes
Rotameter is suitable for measuring rain fall discharge.If we consider orifice or venturi losses will be there and also these are mainly useful for horizontal flow. Rotameter is a variable area device and it works on principle of balance of gravity forces (act down ward),drag ,buoyancy forces(act upward).And is have standard scale for measure flow rate,it gives direct value of the discharge(Q)