2. The importance of the theodoliteThe importance of the theodolite is that is necessary use this instrumentto determine angles, distances, depths, etc. To know how the ground is and how to construct there.
3. What is it?The theodolite is an useful tool by the surveys.The instrument is capable of finding both vertical and horizontal angles, and when iscombined with technical studies also can determinate horizontal distances and a differentiation elevations.
4. Setup of the theodolite!First, the survey team puts a mark in the floor, this point will be the vertex ofthe angle that will be determined and this point will be the station “A”.Then, the survey team places the tripodover the station “A”, opening the feet and secure them.
5. Setup of the theodolite!Next, the survey team takes out the theodolite of its case and adapts it over the tripod with the screw and then elevates the theodolite up to survey’s eyes. The theodolite has to stay exactly over the mark of the floor; this can be possible putting a plumb tied with a fine wire below the theodolite and stayson the point.
6. The survey must observe through the optical plummet to make sure the mark is centered.To end the leveling of the theodolite is necessary to be leveled the tree bubble levels with the level’s screws.Setup of the theodolite!
7. Turning on!First put the batteries in its place, then turn on the theodolite and last, take the cover of the lens.
8. Make a survey First, measure the height between the floor and the mark that is in one side of the theodolite with a rod or a tape measure. This point will be a reference to the other stations. Next, place a person with the rod atthe station “B” to determine the angle. This take place when the surveyor moves thetheodolite horizontally and thevertical axis, for lower movements is necessary to use the vertical tangent screwand the horizontal tangent screw.
9. Make a surveyThen, when the angle appears in the screen write the number, thenpress the button twice and thescreen will show 0’00’00’’.Note: write the upperstadia and the lower stadia to make studies latter.
10. This will be our initial point, and then the survey determinates point “C” in the same way, moving the axis focusing the point in the rod. And in the screen will appear the horizontal angle “B”A”C”.Finally, proceed to turn the vertical and horizontal axis 180 ͦ and make the process again in thepoints “B” and “C”. Make a survey
11. This is the process to determine the horizontal angle.Angles:
12. The parts of the theodoliteCarrying Handle: is where the theodolite is carriedby the surveys.Vertical Clamp:is used when measuring vertical angles. Optical Sight: is used to observe a particular point.Vertical Tangent screw: is used to make very slow movements inthe vertical circle. Internal Switch Port: is used to add a particular piece of the theodolite.Battery Case: is the place that the batteries are placed according the polarities.
13. The parts of the theodoliteOptical Plummet: is the lens that the survey usesto determine that the plum bobis centered.Power Switch: is used to turn on the theodolite.Plate Level: is used:the purpose of the plate level adjustment is to make the vertical axis of the theodolite truly vertical when the bubble of the plate level is centered in the vial.Horizontal Tangent screw: is used to make very slow movements in the horizontal circle. Leveling Screws: are used in the leveling of the plate level.Base Plate: is where the theodolite is adapted with the tripod.
14. THE END