• Register

Welcome to Aboutcivil Q&A, where you can ask questions related to Civil Engineering and receive answers from other members of the community.

2.5k questions

1.1k answers


44.3k users

0 votes
How the transmission losses occurs????
in Water Resources Engg. by  

1 Answer

0 votes
During the transmission of water from reservoir or canal to a particular field,due to porosity of the soil on the land of canal,some of the water may get infiltrated horizontally through that pores.This loss is called leaching/seepage.It affects the discarge to the field.

Related questions